I was going to start this one with saying that ‘it’s been busy lately’.. but ~hands on cheeks~ I’m always busy.. And it also reminded me of another blog I read where she said the same thing… always starting her blog with the whole ‘life is busy’ thing… pretty funny. I have so many ideas and several blog posts on the go at once but getting back to edit and post is what gets me. As I type this part as I drink my morning coffee and already thinking of finishing it tonight after the school fair.
This week I have been busy.. lord, there’s that word again! But with hubby coming home we have had plenty to do – well he has, spent several days just mowing lawns… and he loved it. Don’t let him tell you any different! I have also been trying to get things done, trying being the word, so this week I will put down in point form, much easier to give some sort of order to my chaos….
- beading at the school two mornings this week
- baking one afternoon,
- several hours getting frustrated to many tears over a damned computer program
- trying to get my new shop front sorted – re-sizing pics being my issue
- a day in town for hubby to sort out work things
- sorting out things from our old house – getting ready for sale
- friday: son to town for removal of leg cast and then dentist, hair cuts and the finale of the school fair at 3.30
- saturday: groceries and taking second son to the movies, youngest to a friend’s house for play and eldest… not sure just yet what he’s going to do
- sunday: head over the hill to Huonville to check out the Good Living Market (one I decided not to apply for, yes apply, as the day was going to be too long with the travelling I’m doing) with a friend’s wife, then after lunch sort out some old materials with mum…. 4 boxes and 3 garbage bags full… not sure if that will a wine and cheese or just multiple coffee’s..
So, I will zip off and re post another blog I mistakenly did earlier, and finish my coffee and boiled egg….
Ok, so now it seems to be somewhere about 10pm and my day is nearly over – phew, and what a day it was.
No dentist as the hospital took longer than we thought and my son now has one of those beautifully daggy ‘moon boots’ to get around in for the next month. Given where he broke his foot, it is to make sure it heals properly as he learns to walk on it again.
The fair at our school was a great success – the ‘beads & jewellery’ table was a hit as was the table set up so kids could ‘make their own, basic elastic necklace or bracelet. And there were some interesting arrangements that came out of that I tell you.. 🙂 I am really happy that all those beads I donated were put to good use and we have some left over for next year.
All the usual stalls were there, hot food – the best curry – gourmet bbq, asian, ‘peddle your own’ thickshakes (blender works by bicycle peddle power), plant, a pirate tressure map, face painting and crazy hair… delish desserts and cakes, local Fire brigade and Life Be-in-it Games on the tennis courts. I saw some great looking gingerbread and hand knitted beanies, plus the fairy and pirate stall… Happy that by the end of the night, all my baking had sold – chocolate slice (3 plates) a Tea Cake and a container full of choc chip cookies – sold as an add-on with the cappucinos.
Plus I saw many people I know and had a good time chatting and wandering around… a lovely end to a good day.
On arriving home and after phoning hubby, I (in jammies) now have a wine in hand, hair being re coloured and a chocolate or two… (it’s now actually a coffee… wine was drunk a while ago.. lol)
Til next time, keep smiling 🙂
So the rest of my weekend will be busy – I hope yours is happy and productive, or at least you do what you want to. 🙂