It’s been so damned busy around here and yet I have achieved absolutely nothing. Well, that may not be strictly true, but it feels that way.
I know of several people who do a gratitude list here on WordPress, and while I’ve tried, I just can’t get it together to do one on a regular basis.
And then there’s the facebook thing going round, 3 things for 5 days and tagging your friends.
Now I am certainly not ungrateful for what I have but was dreading the day someone might actually drag me into posting.
I get the whole reasoning behind it, and I will do it, but my way.
So here are some things I am thankful for.
- I am healthy, fit and happy.
- I have food to eat and a roof over my head.
- My kids still talk to me – teenagers and all.
- My family – wherever they may be – are all safe and happy.
- I lead a busy life – no time to worry about being bored.
- I have a job I love – while only working on a casual basis, I am happy it is there for me.
- I have a wonderful group of friends – it’s only taken me 30+ years to get there.
- I live in the best part of the world – we have nothing in the way of conflict.
- I live in great country that is far and wide, and absolutely amazing – every last bit of it (and I’ve seen a bit).
- I am able to persue any opportunities that come my way, without fear of retribution or otherwise.
- I feel safe.
- I am loved.
- I enjoy having friends all over the world – it is a wonderful thing to be able connect on a personal level (see things through others’ eyes, learn new stuff, see awesome pictures) and above all be able to visit them!
- I have trustworthy kids – the older two both have our credit card details for their Xbox live stuff, and they ask/let us know if they have to buy anything, which is not very often, but still.
As and extra:
I’m also happy to live in such a lovely area where even complete strangers feel comfortable paying you a compliment. And by complete stranger I mean a person I have seen in passing, on occasion, walking their dog, I do not know who he is, or where he’s from. This morning, as I’m jogging past he calls out and says “I’m impressed, you’re doing so well,it’s great to see” and then on my way back meeting him further down the road he says it again “good job, keep up the hard work”
Things like that certainly make you feel so much better, and it’s a little easier to push through the pain (at least til they can’t see you anymore).
Have a great week, and why not pay someone a compliment, it’ll make them smile and you can feel good too.