Mr 17’s girlfriend had her birthday today and I thought a little girl’s afternoon out would be a nice change from the usual.
We visited Jam & Bread* in Margate for High Tea. The menu is set with four each of savoury and sweet treats. It may not sound like much but once you start it proves to be quite filling.
* This link takes you to the review I wrote when they first opened.
– Brioche rolls with smoked salmon and coleslaw. Beautiful, but filling.
– Super chocolate brownies – Omg, divine & rich.
– A delicate pannacotta (?) with honeycomb. Light and creamy with a sweet crunchy topping.
– Lime curd with citrus fruit. Sweet, creamy with a definite Zing, not a bad zing either. – Rich chocolate mousse on shortbread with berry coulis. Rich & smooth, with the shortbread evening it out.
– Chorizo and Spinach quiche with cauliflower. It doesn’t sound much, but very nice. – – And pumpkin tartlets. Smooth creamy pumpkin like a pie, and the roasted tomato had a sweetness that complimented it perfectly.
– Mini toasts with The Best liver pate I’ve ever tasted. I love a good liver pate (the only way I will eat it by the way) and this was smooth, creamy, with an awesome flavour. The aspic on top was flavoured to totally enhance the pate. I normally don’t eat that, but I was ready to devour the lot. I was the only one who ate this.
And a missing picture of huge melt in the mouth scones with jam and cream.
The coffee was good, it kept me going for some time, the orange juice arrived in an old fashioned juice bottle and the iced chocolate came with chunks of chocolate on top in a refashioned bottle. It was huge.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂