I haven’t done of these for a while and young Mr George (see here) asked me to join. I am honoured and appreciate that someone out there is thinking of me.
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
Writing stuff about me is quite hard. What do I write that I haven’t said before, and also that I am comfortable talking about and for other people to know.
Eleven inane things about me.
– I failed my P test the first time round, (for driving) by the time I went back you had to hold them for 3 yrs instead of 1. 😦
– I lost a job waitressing after I threw up in the restaurant. Thankfully there were only a few diners at the time. Nw that was clever wasn’t it? I went to the doctor who told me I had some nasty infection and should not have been out of bed… oops.
– I wore glasses when I was 5 or was it 4…. Either way I kept trying to lose them and thought it was amazing the mum knew where to look.. lol
– I had alcohol poisoning after attending a 21st party when I was 19. Yeah, sculling straight from the bottle instead of mixing it is not wise. I learnt from that and have rarely been drunk since.
– my husband (then boyfriend) scared the crap out of me on the back of a motorbike by riding at 160km/hr. I’m better now, but it took me a long time to get back on a bike.
– I used to eat dry crackers (salada type ones) with peanut butter, cheese and tomato.
– my husband was my first and only boyfriend. No break up/make up here.
– I’m not a huge fan of tv. I generally only watch it when hubby is home, or movies with the boys on a Saturday night.
– my choice of career went from fitness instructor to chef/restaurant owner. Cooking for my family is about the closest I got, and I’m my own fitness instructor – which I’ve failed at quite well over the years, lol
– I have nasty temper. it doesn’t come out very often, but watch out if it does.
– I am a very loyal person. Once I find something/one I stick to it. Something pretty bad would have to happen for me to let it go. Friends included of course. both real life and virtual.
My 11 questions to answer:
What is your favorite book?
any that keeps me hooked from the first page right through to last. Preferably murder and mayhem based.
What is your grandfather’s middle name?
Which side of the family?? They are Watt and Leo Bernard
Tell a funny travel story.
Hmm, while we have fun when travelling, none that actually stand out.
Tell a sad travel story.
Well, it’s not really sad, but it was annoying at the time. On my/our honeymoon I realised I had left my credit card at the bank in Hobart (we were on the Gold Coast, Qld) and it cost a small fortune to get it back because of a public holiday, then the car had bits that kept falling off as we drove around… (although it is kinda funny now.. lol)
What do you most want for your birthday/anniversary/religious or non-religious gift-giving holiday?
ooh… now there’s something to think about..??? diamonds, of course, me, shallow?, yup! anything for the kitchen, seriously, I love usable items. But mostly, my kids actually behaving ALL day while I do nothing!!
Do you ever let your political views get in the way of friendships?
what political views. I don’t talk about politics.
Would you rather receive any property in any spot in the world for free but not be able to go out of a 100-mile radius OR be banned from living in any property for more than a month but have a 70% discount on hotels, airfare, and gas? (Yes, it’s complex, I know.)
That’s easy. After growing up in the one place, and now having seen a whole lot of Australia, definitely the second choice. I love being able to see new things. And it doesn’t say you can’t go back to somewhere later…
What is the first film you ever remember seeing?
ET. I was nine and I cried at the end.
What is your least favorite color?
orange and yellow. Bleuk!!
What is on your key chain?
my WW charms, a heart, some misc keys and the generally unused post box key. Unused as I usually go in, prop up the counter and we chat.
Music or talk radio? Explain why, please.
Music of course. Talk back makes me cranky.
Music means the house/car turns into a one person party. I get so much done when there is music playing.
My eleven questions to those lucky bloggers I chose.
What’s your biggest accomplishment?
If you could go back to college again, what would you major in? If you never been to college, what would you major in if you went?
What memory would you re-live again?
What’s the last thing you won?
What’s the best thing about the 80′s?
What the worst thing about the 80′s?
What drives you nuts the most?
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
How did our blogs meet?
The six people alive/dead you would invite for dinner
wine, beer or spirits
(I cheated a little with these, by using some that were on George’s blog, but no one said I couldn’t. His 90’s are now my 80’s + some)
Have a great day and feel free to answer of these if I didn’t choose you (sorry)