My creative space is always a work in progress and until I find just the right work tables that will fit my space easily then it will just keep on doing the shuffle…
Ok, so I was bored and took pictures of the grapes…
– the bay window. I love the window for the light it lets in and the view but it has made those little weird little corners where nothing will fit.
– there is only a couple of feet before the corner of the house so that creates another corner that makes it awkward to fit furniture in.
– it is through way! There is a door on one side to the kitchen/dining and just half a wall on the other backing onto the lounge (this wall is partly the chimney).
– then the french doors (right between said corner of house and walkway into lounge.
– on the back side of the chimney someone has ever so kindly put up floating shelves (at stupid heights) so I am limited with what goes underneath…
But am I complaining… well, just a little bit. I have my tall boy (large chest of drawers, not tall children, although two are taller than me…) under these shelves with a cd rack one side and filing cabinet with jewellery storage on the other. Works fine.
Against the back wall facing the kitchen is my mega set of shelves (I was so happy when we found these, they are the perfect fit for all my beady boxes). Next to this was a space that was a pain. There is a double power point here which means certain boxes or containers cannot fit or have to look messy sitting at an angle.
I was in a second-hand shop close by the other day and spotted the perfect set of shelves – I measured, ran home (drove), measure my space then went back and paid for them. They would be the Perfect Fit! And they are.
I just need to find a space for my market boxes when they’re not in use… hmmm. That is 3 large plastic containers & a suitcase, then two others with odd props and the like in them. A lot of space required.
My desk, as always was stupidly messy.
new shelves, and an email stating I needed to take my trestles to market this week (guess what I use as a beading table??) meant I had to get to work.
My plan was to put all things from the tall boy into the new shelves and utilse the tall boy for all my materials and sewing bits… ah, yeah… that was a good thought…
‘Business’ things fit into some funky baskets on the shelves, then comes the fun part getting all my glass, resin, clay, and light tent to fit in the space so it is easy and I know where everything is…
Well, I got started, and by the time I went to bed was pretty pleased with myself… not for long. I woke this morning to another stupidly messy desk…. now I could have taken the easy way out and just stuffed everything into boxes and been done with it. But I didn’t. Put everything where it belongs so I don’t have to back track later.
Now to get all the material to fit in the drawers… like that’s gonna happen!
and the piece de resistance….
I was going to do some more sewing tonight and get some new bags ready for the market – well one is nearly done. Just a little hand sewing of beady fringelets to do. the others… nowhere near ready to sew even…
Now the table has sewing all over it, but that will be easy to move later on. Now, I best get back to it if I’m going to get at least one more done..
keep smiling 🙂