And so it is nearly time for this year to end and a new one to begin.
This year has been busy.
I’ll try and get it altogether. In some kind of chronological order where I can.
- The start of the year gave me a 13 and 8 year old, right at the start of school (as always, and very bad timing in our behalf).
- my friend from the U.S (Oregon) came to visit for two weeks. We met through Facebook (a beady page no less) and a wonderful friendship followed. While we had spoken several times on the phone, it is still nerve wracking to meet in real life and wonder if we will get on just as well. We should not have worried. All went well, and we had a ball doing some travelling round my beautiful state – well, we started, but didn’t get very far. Oh well, plenty more the next trip. My trip to the States is in progress…. Can’t wait.
- hubby moved job location from Western Australia back to Queensland where we had moved from 8 months earlier. A good move, closer to us in travelling time, and much easier with the time difference and phone calls.
- I started training in April for an 8k fun run in May setting my goal of under an hour. The Mother’s Day classic. Walk or run and have fun. I was pretty happy with my result on 5 weeks training and while I only just made it, I did it in 58 mins. I the promptly made another goal of cutting 10 mins of it for next years race. Smart. Not so sure.
- September brought about a 16th birthday and a Learners drivers licence, October, 18 years of marriage and November, Mr 16 finished his high school years.
- my blogging and Facebook friends have proven loyal and wonderful people. It may sound strange, but some of them I trust more of them more than people I know in real life.
- fitness and health wise. Ho hum. There were a few weird girly issues which seem to be under control now, but which turned me into super bitch and turned our life upside down for a bit. Fitness was hit and miss after the fun run, and then I kicked it up a notch, in September sometime. Not sure how much I lost, but my shape changed and I started to feel much better, mentally, physically and emotionally. By the second week of December, I had run out of steam and this month has been more miss than hit with gym attendance. I will be back with a vengeance next week.
The best part is that I am still healthy and none of us has been in hospital for anything major.
- hubby has done a short work block overseas, and will be doing more in the new year. A fantastic opportunity for him and a definite step in the direction he wants to go in. (While very happy for him I had a moment of jealousy as I never thought he’d get his passport before me…we both had to laugh at that one)
- family came to visit over Christmas and it was fantastic to see my brother and his family again. I had only seen them briefly 2 years before. So this was a great catch up. And he is a fantastic dad. My sister to stay as well with her 3 kids minus partner, so my house swelled beyond shape.
- Christmas was with my kids, parents and my brother. A lovely relaxed day. Boxing Day brought the arrival of my Aunt (to mum and dads place), my sister and then a surprise trip the airport to pick up hubby.
- I have shared many pictures, food adventures, and the fun days we spend as a family.
I look forward to an exciting new year, there are lots of things planned and goals to fill. The first one, Mr 16′s trip to Qld on his own to visit his friend. Leaving on New Years Day.
Hope your year has been a good one, and you behave reasonably well over the new year period.
See you next year!